India Broadband Forum Feed


Planning to buy new tablet????

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 12:51 PM PDT

My friend needs a piece of advice on a 7" Tab...His budget is around 8K...He is Ok with Chinese Tabs and all....
Suggest me a one!!

Youtube problem with Airtel broadband?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 12:12 PM PDT

I am using google's public dns aswell.
The problem is the same.
Going to call the CC soon.

Vodafone Mumbai Network Degrading ?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 11:55 AM PDT

^Thats a specialty of mtnl delhi, haven't experienced it so far with mtnl mumbai :P
But they haven't fixed their 2G network, and I've begun to get annoyed. Guess, will prolly have to register a complaint :(

Alliance Kolkata 6mbps speed test

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 11:54 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajnusker View Post
Amazing speeds.. Around 50mbps.. Do you get these speeds when downloading from Youtube or Filehippo? Which plan btw?





I thought of that when I saw so many torrents are seeding but upload speed is only 64kbps.. :P


my plan is Rs.449(Rs.400 + Service Tax)... Jet Classic..... Day 256Kbps and Night(12am to 8pm) upto 2Mbps....

from filehippo I got normal speed of my bandwidth whereas if i download Firefox from their official site I get 5-6Mbps flat on IDM... so it depends.

usually meghbela subscribers get good speed(peering speed) in popular torrent and sites like Songspk.pk , DJmaza etc.

In youtube most of the video are playing without buffering as from their cache server. :)

Random acts of Kindness

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 11:48 AM PDT

Arre Iflaas, pachaas ka daalta ya kaan ke neeche do bajaun?

Tata Sky Plus HD DTH: Tata Sky Plus Recording Failure

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 11:25 AM PDT

Problem Solved!

From the menu Organiser---->System Settings---->Tata Sky+ Settings---->Add to Start Recording; I changed to 2 minutes from 10 minutes. I don't know how this solved the problem, but the recording works properly now. Earlier too, the option was 10 minutes and woked fine till last week.

Hope this will help those whose Tata Sky+ was not recording programs properly.

How 2 use internet on gevey sim on iphone 4s

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 10:58 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by vipimg View Post
I cant access apn on my iphone 4s i dont have wifi can any 1 help me with this

You can configure an apn setting by setting up a profile via the iphone confguration utility. You can download the utility to your computer, connect iPhone to computer, create profile, install on iphone. You can download the utility from apple or google it.

Secret Menu in Tata(Sky

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 10:47 AM PDT

Using this menu from the start. Especially helpful to check the signal quality & strength during these monsoon days.

:)

how long will it take BSNL to change my plan

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 10:28 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by osteochondritis View Post
I also changed my Plan from FN 500 to ULD 1350..and the change was reflected in selfcare within an hour.
Also getting download speed of 450-620 KB/s most of the day. This is insane. :)



Hey, sorry for bumping old thread. Are you still getting that high speed even in unlimited plan TILL NOW?

Is it worth upgrading to 4mbps or 8mbps on Airtel Broadband?

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 10:28 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by balajik View Post
@uberjon, varunkrish : Exactly how long from the day of request, do they take to do the migration?

They took 4-5 days for me .