India Broadband Forum Feed


London Olympics 2012

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:37 PM PDT

The worst part was:

Quote:

We are, instead, much too busy idolizing the four bronze and two silver medal winners, as if they are the newest wonders of the world.
Just because they could have done even better, we shouldn't be appreciative of what they did.

Airtel Broadband Fibrenet FTTH Plans for Delhi NCR!

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:11 PM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean1880 View Post
about d utorrent thing i meant dat if sum1 accidently leaves the utorrent upload bandwidth to unlimited and forgets to close it while his computer is idle...it can exhaust all the data usage as the utorrent downloads are shared with other users ..

I've not found that to be the case. Even with 100mbit/s symmetrical it can take quite a long time for some torrents to reach a 1.0 ratio... but worst to worst, how hard is it to set your torrent client to only upload a certain amount when the connection is installed? Or in the case of uTorrent 3.0 and later, there is bandwidth capping available in the preferences window.

So frankly, not a very valid excuse when the fix is so simple (and your responsibility in the first place).

Reliance Netconnect+ disgusting pathetic in laxmi nagar, delhi

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:09 PM PDT

thnx, u were very quick to respond.

Hulu Plus Updates

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:03 PM PDT

I certainly can stream those videos without lag!!
But i wish i could download them!! :|

Google Android Jelly Bean

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:02 PM PDT

I see data restored for some apps, and not for some. So my guess is data isn't restored by Google, but instead, these apps store their settings outside the data folder and therefore are able to continue from where they were before the reset.

Titanium is good, but I need something to do this in bulk, and there are only some apps which have customisation - a major part are those which can be used without any tracking.

New BSNL Broadband Connection charge summary

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 11:55 AM PDT

Hi,
Note: I am planning to get a new broadband connection from BSNL as Airtel drops to 256 kbps after FUP making it difficult for my work while BSNL has 750UL plan where speed after FUP is 512kbps.

Now, I walked in to the bsnl customer service center and they gave me two forms for a new connection.
I am planning to opt for Combo Plan(Telephone Rental Free) UL750.
Now, about the forms
1. BroadBand Form
The fare details are as follows:
a. Installation charege - 250
b. One month Plan Rental in advance - 750
c. Modem charge ( Planning to take adsl ) - 1100
d. Broadband usage charge for first billing cycle - 750
e. Service tax.

But there is another separate form for new telephone connection which states
Registration charge - 500.

So my queries are:
1. Apart from (a-e) items which I have listed, will I need to pay 500 extra as registration charge for new telephone connection? If so will I get a telephone instrument for this charge or is that separately chargeable?
2. Is (b) refundable?

Please help as I am very sure in exchange they will not help me clearly for these doubts :)

Note: I don't want any telephone at all. I just want broadband. But I think telephone is mandatory. please clarify.

Funny Images Thread [56k warning]

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 11:28 AM PDT






Today's set.

BSNL Wimax question

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:48 AM PDT

BTS-Base Transceiver Station.
Rural area Clause means Villages and places where the wired Broadband service is not possible.

I'm using Outdoor CPE and i could receive signal from 3BTS.(Signal strength should be minimum 10db and the normal range is 25db). The service engineer told me that we can use the Outdoor CPE within my state(Tamilnadu) but the BTS should present in that area. The BTS wont be there in the urban areas. You may check the Wimax coverage map in BSNL website.
In my opinion, shifting the outdoor CPE is difficult since it needs straight forward installation.

The new absurd Airtel Broadband plans

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:38 AM PDT

Ty for clearing that mg.