India Broadband Forum Feed


Need help in configuring TP-link WR740N wireless router with MTNL triband!!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 01:21 PM PDT

Voila!!
Somehow figured it out that selecting the connection type as 'Dynamic IP' was the only thing i needed to do to get it working.

Thank you all for chipping in with your help.

New Airtel Broadband Plans For Bangalore

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:53 PM PDT

Post fair use limit, the speed for all Bangalore plans is 256kbps. In Delhi some high speed plans have 512kbps. :Confuzzled:

Check your coverage

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:19 PM PDT

Same here gps locked data on hspa+.. Not working.. I guess model specific problem in the app.

@aviral...whats your phone model.. S2 here.

vodafone 3G - 2GB in 98 rupees - Is it True?

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:11 PM PDT

It doesn't have the option to buy it, rest of the plans have.

Maybe that's an indication enough that it's not gonna offer 3G speeds?

The Mega Movie Review/Suggestion Thread!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 12:09 PM PDT

No Man's Land (2001)

4/5

Must watch.

The Hours (2002)

2/5

I didn't like it.

Tata Sky Plus HD DTH: Tata Sky Plus Recording Failure

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 11:57 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajuravi007 View Post
Hey man for the past 2 days i am also facing the same problem with TS+...I have the same problem of yours also an additional problem is that when i switch my TV in the morning it shows only Blue blank screen ...then i switch off the STB main power and then it works properly...when came back home in the evening yesterday i was surprised that TV programs which was supposed to get recroded it didnt get recorded but if I press REC button, the current program gets recorded....

Today i would reset my STB and check out tomorrow morning whether the problem persists or not...

I too am seeing this issue since Sunday. All scheduled recordings - series or otherwise fail to record. I don't want to reset and erase all my recordings. One of my relatives had come on TV and I had recorded that episode. I don't want to lose that recording.

Another new thing is that damn channel 100. Earlier if I am watching Sony 111, and put my set-top box on standby, then on switching on it would got to channel 111 but now it always comes to channel 100.

Is reset the only option? If yes what is the process? Has anyone got a response from Tatasky?

ACT Broadband Bangalore Reviews

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 11:25 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBLover View Post
UPDATE:- My ACT line is working again :encouragement:

I'm not exactly an early riser (far from it) but I got up this morning just to catch their CC as soon as they open (07:30 AM). Fortunately the issue was resolved even before I called them. They acknowledged what I experienced last night as some 'server issue' that purportedly affected several customers not just me.

I'm heading back to bed to catch up on my lost sleep now, hopefully their network doesn't go down by the time I get up again!!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sraghuramabhat View Post
For the first look 10MBPS speed and cheap rates of ACT broadband look very attractive and many peoples go for it just looking these two points. BUT IT IS NOT AT ALL RELIABLE. This is what i experience in 2 occasions. 2 months back we got ACT broadband for Rs. 1299/- per month plan for our office. It was 10MBPS speed with FUP of 75GB(after crossing 75GB speed will be 2MBPS). Every one was satisfied with speed. But one day we lost internet connectivity, customer support told us that there is a fiber cut and it will be repaired in 4 working hours. After lots of calls(it takes 10-15 minutes to reach a customer care executive at their number 42840000) and followups connections was restored after 2 DAYS. Once again there is an outage yesterday and it took one full day to restore the connection. The customer support team at ACT is a bunch of useless peoples. The guy comes to the site for checking the connectivity doesn't know how to configure a router. Their tech support peoples say same dialogues like i will check with back-end peoples and get back to you or this will be resolved in next 4 working hours......

so if you are planning to get ACT BB for your office please don't do that mistake, otherwise after few days you will be busy in posting a review like me.

The speed what they are giving is really good, but their service is not at all RELIABLE. So we are discontinuing ACT BB and will find a reliable ISP even if it is costly and slow than ACT.


Looking at the disgruntled post below my earlier report, feels like it's time to post an update:-

My ACT connection has been awesome this week. Blazing speeds and not a single outage (well almost not - there was an instance when I couldn't log-in, but that fixed itself within a minute. I was already on the phone with CC By then and they advised my to use ipconfig /release then /renew. Meh.... but the person on the phone was courteous and competent, the latter of which I'm used to with Airtel but the former being a decidedly rare quality)

I really hope ACT keeps this up, I'm tempted to surrender my Airtel connection even before the 1 month vetting period that I'd initially planned for. ACT is literally my only hope against the malicious clutches of Airtel right now, so dear ACT, please don't screw up! :grumpy: Impress me with your service as you have the past two weeks and I'll be one loyal customer for a long long time. (Well - or at least until you implement some hare-brained tariff hike scheme like Airtel)

creative writer 2 !!

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 10:44 AM PDT

Even that is demanding cd inserting.... :cool:

Zee Dish TV: Dish TV launches standard definition recorder Dish+

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 10:43 AM PDT

Nope..!! :)