India Broadband Forum Feed


Facebook Updates

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:40 PM PST

i guess you would see more of these ads in the coming days. i guess i would stick to people app in windows 8 to see updates from my facebook friends. not that i care about them :)

How to upgrade to Windows 8 for just Rs. 699

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:39 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topweb View Post
I ordered a Rs 1999 upgrade today, got the upgrade key in email, downloaded the ISO and burned it on a DVD but am yet to install it.

Can I postpone the installation of this Windows 8 Pro upgrade now for say next 6-9 months? Will my upgrade key work for activation 6-9 months from now?

I'm looking for a firm answer but FAQs are saying this discounted upgrade can be ordered till so and so date but no one is talking about any deadline for installation and activation of upgrade.

I ordered to just take the advantage of the ongoing discount. I'd like to upgrade eventually but can't do it right now because some softwares that I use for stock trading are not available for Windows 8 yet. Also, I'm waiting for Office 2013 launch before doing the upgrade.

it's an upgrade key. with no validity period. it would work 10 years from now. it would work 20 years from now. you paid for it. it does not matter when you use it.

Can I connect multiple devices to the MTNL router?

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:23 PM PST

A minimum SNR of around 6 dB is required for a stable sync at 1mbps, provided attenuation is reasonable. So anything > 30 is beyond awesome :D

Attenuation < 20 is considered good ;)

Tata Photon on Windows 8 Pro can be installed and used

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:00 PM PST

This is what I did and photon worked.

1. let windows detect the modem.
2. install the software.
3. run in compatibility mode (I ran in win7)
4. open device manager and update the 'unknown driver' automatically using internet (had to use mobile internet) and you're done.

Cheers!

The Offtopic Thread

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:59 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajnusker View Post
^Yeah, agreed people should be more careful.

P.S. A random month on Alliance Broadband (this month didn't downloaded much :/) -


551GB in a month!!!!! :O
I don't download this much in a year, not even 2 years I guess! :p

Milestones

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:41 AM PST

Opened IBF from PC after a long time and had 27 new likes! :D
Had it been one more, it would have been my favorite number (28). But nevermind,at least there were 28 notifications! ;)

PSY - Gangnam Style

Posted: 24 Nov 2012 11:19 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toocool View Post
1 billion is surely on the cards man........what are u talking about .

the round numbers are important, always remember :D ,
that 1 billion mark is now the reason for psy supporters to look forward to , no doubt about it

psy fan already knew they can beat bib's video but they are trying to reach at 1 billion before his birthday ... fan gift for him ... :)