India Broadband Forum Feed


Status of Hayai Broadband

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 12:39 PM PST

Potentially troublesome topic, might be banned for posting this...but someone has to take the initiative.

 

 

just wanted to know what Hayai aka our mgcarley is doing nowadays? how much has hayai progressed ? infrastructure, approvals? ar there any customers who can share their experiences with their service.

 

 

Please note: this thread has not been started to humiliate anyone, start a brawl again...it is just a light hearted conversation if anyone is interested. 

 

 

Slow speed issue in tata photon +

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 10:52 AM PST

Hi,

I have tata photon + 750/5gb plan.For the past few days, I am having serious issue with the speed.I have already sent a mail to customer.care@tatatel.co.in but no one is replying to that e-mail.

My photon number is 9223917151.My location is mumbai.

Can someone from tech team help me in resolving this issue.

Lalit

Alliance broadband

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 10:05 AM PST

Why cant we use Alliance broadband service in behala region????

Gionee Elife E7

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 10:01 AM PST

This phone packs quite a punch!! :)

 

http://www.fonearena.com/blog/88035/gionee-elife-e7-with-2-5ghz-snapdragon-800-8974ac-processor-launching-on-november-26th.html

 

498ppi with 2K resolution..But the battery's kinda let down i guess!!

Tap water purifier

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 09:41 AM PST

Does anyone know of a good tap water purifier ? Don't want go for expensive full water purifiers right now !

 

I found:

 

Zero B for Rs 345 

Aqua Gold Water for Rs 245

 

not sure anyone of them is good or not ?

How can I check my data usage

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 09:04 AM PST

Hello Guys,

 

 

Can anyone please let me know how can I check/track the data usage .

In the account where we login ,do not have any option to check thr data usage.

Any help will  be useful here.

 

 

Thanks

Manoj Shukla

Airtel has restricted 3G speeds to 2mbps in Bangalore

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 08:00 AM PST

Hi guys, yet another mischief from airtel now. They have capped 3G speeds to 2mbps from past 10 days. Just wanted to confirm if they have done with others users as we'll. pls revert

Tata Sky HD + AVR , 5.1 Problem

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 07:37 AM PST

Hi,

Recently I have upgraded my System with :Tata Sky HD + Yamaha RX 375 AVR + Bostan Acoustic 5.1 speakers.

My connections are : STB to AVR via DAC's optical cable, STB to old LCD via HDMI,

I have calibrated speaker system through Yamaha YPAO.

Now Problem is : there no surrond sound (or very - very little when listen with ear on rear speakers) while watching Star Movie HD or Movie now HD or any other HD channel, but front sound effect and staging is good.

What's wrong...Thnx

Need advice on *FUP* free Internet Connection.

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 07:32 AM PST

Hello everyone! ,

I apologise for any mistakes that i make as i am new to the forums. (But following it from quite some time now.) I am from Kolhapur,Maharashtra and I currently have BSNL wired broadband with the ULD 950 plan.(4 mbps till 8 GB and 512 kbps beyond). I am having no problems with it so far and it has been quite reliable.But i am a type of downloader and 8 Gb is just..* :anger3: *..Those 8 gigs get used up between 2nd/3rd of every month...Video streaming,windows updates, :pirate: ,etc etc you just can't live with 8 gig in this digital age! The 512 kbps post fup speed is a joke.I connect 4 to 5 devices through wifi and 512 is not enough for all these.

Now i seriously need something truly unlimited and i am literally fed up of this fup! There are really not ISP who provide BB at my area. Airtel/Reliance is not present, Docomo is there but my area, although in middle of city,is not feasible! There's no other ISP's and i am unable to know what should i do.Then i come across BSNL EVDO which has a unlimited plan for ₹ 750 and has speeds upto 3.1 mbps.

Should i take a EVDO connection? How will i share the usb connection through wifi? I am a gamer and i know that Evdo,which is through cdma network would give me too good pings.So i would like to keep my current broadband and lower the plan to ULD 525 and then add Evdo for downloading and all that stuff. Is this correct thing to do? Where would i get the evdo data card and modem? Should i buy the modem from BSNL or buy something like micromax/huawei? I have already registered at uddan.bsnl.com for a new evdo connection. Suggestions from you guys are really needed. Thanks in advance!

Doctor Who: The Time of the Doctor

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 06:54 AM PST






Nikita

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 06:26 AM PST

Nikita (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted Image

Just saw the pilot and I do not think I would like this show. Call me sexist but I cannot get used to the idea of malnutritioned women kicking asses of bad guys. This is pretty darn similar to why I did not like Dollhouse :D

Looking for suggestions!

Dominos BOGO coupon generator

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 05:06 AM PST

Don't know if it still works anymore, but worked for me last time when I ordered day before yesterday. Its a simple script used to generate BOGO coupons. Pizzas must be Medium or Large size, and not in the Simple Veg/Simple Non Veg Category. Here's the link-

 

http://joel.co.in/ddgenerator

Poor Service from YOU in Chennai

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 02:58 AM PST

I've had the worst experience with YOU broadband service in Chennai. Ive been using YOU broadband for the past six months. Sharing with you the troubles I have faced so far, so that no one has to undergo the same sufferings..

 

First I opted for a 3 month -10mbps speed,  once it reached the download limit of 30Gb the speed was so pathetic, even airtel 2g connection would load a page bit quicker than YOU broadband. Complaints about it went unheard, we normally get a good response from Call centre guys but the backend team(call centre guys calls them so) doesn't even turn up to solve the request.

 

After this bad experience I went for a 1 month - 12mbps connection speed, I had a good speed initially but then as reported in this forum the speed will go down during day hours and pick up only around night hours. Raising complaints about it didn't fix the issue, but I will receive a message alone from YOU saying "your problem is resolved..." as these guys have to solve the complaint within certain days. So they seem to close the request without even attending it.

 

Last month was so horrible with YOU. I had a complete outage for 10 days, during which I would call every day to follow up on the request, inspite of my busy days in office. I would have called their call centre guys around 20 - 25 times...everytime i was assured that the issue will be fixed but nothing would happen or no one will turn up. Finally on 11th day of continuous calling the issue was fixed. Now I started calling them to credit those 10 days into my account, they took the request and they closed it without even solving, I again raised two more complaints like that, still they were not ready to credit those days. Then after feeling enough is enough, i asked them to discontinue their services, and that request was resolved immediately.They are ready to loose a customer but not ready to add those 10 days into my account.

 

I reside in Thiruvanmiyur area of Chennai. Please seriously reconsider if you are opting to choose YOU BB - VERY POOR SERVICE & SPEED IS SLOW DURING DAY HOURS.

 

Please share your experiences with YOU in Chennai.

 

Regards,

Amar

New Locality Broadband Crisis. Help!

Posted: 29 Dec 2013 01:35 AM PST

I've been struggling to find a broadband connection here in Mukherjee Nagar (110009). My apartments (DDA) are relatively new - that may be a reason why I can't find a broadband connection. :\
All I am asking for is a ~1Mbps connection for under 1K per month.

My attempts have been futile so far. Paid MTNL an advance amount of 500 already about 6 months back. No word from them after paying them the advance amount.
Tried contacting Tikona - filled in their form online, also called their customer care. No response whatsoever.
Other ISP plans haven't convinced me to contact them. I've been considering IPTV by Airtel, but read about degradation of their services.

Please suggest some ISPs that can give me an affordable plan and a good service, specifically for my area.

Thanks.

Airtel overcharging data usage

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:42 PM PST

I have an Airtel Broadband connection with account no 7006608586. The account has been active since July 2013. While using the connection I had always suspected that Airtel was overcharging the actual data usage but could not substantiate it. However I installed a data counter and checked the usage and was shocked. Last month my monthly quota of 40 GB was declared exhausted by airtel after I'd used just 30 GB. This month too I've received am email telling me that the free usage of 40 GB is over even while I've hardly used 25 GB. This is actually insane. Thus I've decided to get the connection disconnected and go with BSNL or ACT Broadband. However I feel that its my duty to inform other users so that they don't get ripped off like me. Its about time that Airtel realises that they cannot get away with this every time.

Which is better 3g provider in madhya pradesh?

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:22 PM PST

Which is a better 3g service provider in madhya pradesh ?? which is a better 3g dongle ??

How is Wishnet?

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:21 PM PST

So finally I have made up my mind to get rid of bsnl and get Wishnet.Willing to get the Bronze Super Night Plan.Here are some queries that I have - 
1. How is their service in general?
2.Does the peering work?what is the site whose torrents they peer?
3.Does the 1 mbps from 1-9am thing work? How much download speed can one get?
Thanks for answering

Alliance Kolkata 6mbps speed test

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 10:11 PM PST

Posted Image Really amazing to see such speeds in Kolkata for the first time :mml::mml::mml: Test done on PACKAGE PREMIUM 1050 UNLIMITED :D NO FUP'S :yahoo::yahoo:

Which Is The Best? Wired Broadband Within Behala To Thakurpukur Area In Kolkata!

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 08:23 PM PST

Note: Here We Don't Have Alliance Broadband Services... :'(

Hathway needs Cable Connection to give Internet?

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 07:32 PM PST

Apologies if duplicate, i did not find a thread which discusses this.

 

So I wanted a new internet connection in Goregaon East and I applied for Hathway. They Initially they took the form and cheque, and promised to do the installation. However, later they called back and said they cannot install broadband since "I don't subscribe to a cable connection from them". They did, however, promise to refund the money.

 

This sounds like an extortion scheme to me. As a customer, I should be having a choice to subscribe to internet without subscribing to cable connection (Yes, I know I am in India, but still....). I am not sure if such extortion is even legal?? Just wanted the advice of this forum on if I can do anything (more than angry tweets) to get these horrible guys to do something, or do we just have to take this lying down???

 

It's now 2 weeks I am trying to get a broadband connection in Goregaon. Can't believe I live in India's biggest metro....

The Big Bang Theory

Posted: 28 Dec 2013 07:29 PM PST

YouTube - The Eee Pad Story EP1 - More Than Meets the Eye

Presenting the Asus EEE Pad Transformer.