India Broadband Forum Feed


Vishwaroop

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:49 PM PST

The Tamil Nadu Theatre Association boycotts Hassan's 'Vishwaroopam'- Tamil- IBNLive

Quote:

Kamal Haasan's Vishwaroopam faced more turbulence on Friday as a joint meeting held by the Tamil Nadu Theater Association(TNTA) boycotted the idea of premiering it directly on the distributed hash table.

The meeting took place in Chennai and the board accepted the idea of the Chennai Theater Federation, head by Abirami Ramanathan which suggested that DTH films shouldn't be screened in theaters.

The event also had another powerful body taking part, in the Tamil Nadu Distributors Federation (TNDF).

This agrees with the cable operators across Tamil Nadu who feel that their business will face disrupt with any DTH release. This makes the problem more complex for Kamal Haasan who is already facing issues in North India after multiplex giants PVR being against the Tamil DTH release. Apparently, the group worry that the idea will speak a similar change in Bollywood.

Barfi!

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:45 PM PST

Anurag Basu's 'Barfi' is out of the Oscars race; nine shortlisted films announced- Bollywood- IBNLive

Quote:

Anurag Basu's 'Barfi', chronicling the tender romance of a hearing and speech impaired boy, is out of the Oscars race as the Academy announced the list of nine films will advance to the next round of voting in the Foreign Language Film category for the 85th Academy Awards.

The general cricket discussion thread

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:30 PM PST

Brilliant innings from Guptill. Becomes the first man to hit a century in a chase for T20I.
101* off 69 balls, 9 4s & 6 6s

NZ 169/2 (19.0 ov, C Munro 8*, MJ Guptill 101*, M Morkel 0/29) - Match over | Live Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Facebook Login Approval option not enabled or missing for my FB account

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:24 PM PST

It's missing from my account as well. When I clicked on the Code Generator link for login approvals in the mobile app, it sent me to http://fb.me/cg. Guess what I saw... http://www.medianama.com/wp-content/...imeo-Block.png

Sachin Tendulkar retires from One Day International Cricket

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 12:18 PM PST

Feedback

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:42 AM PST

Admin has removed him as a mod now, so the feedback has been noted. esbeebee is also removed, but then he hasnt been on the site for a year now. So, I guess both the members nominated mods are sort of gone now.

Dabangg 2

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:39 AM PST

I liked Dabangg 2. 3 stars from me.

Important Vodafone SMS codes / USSD codes

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:38 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by rak007 View Post
I have Vodafone postpaid and have activated 1GB 3G plan. With *111*5# I can check what my data balance is there but I cannot see the date when it expires. I can see the same in my wife's phone which is Vodafone prepaid and only EDGE plan activated.
Any way to get that ??

On postpaid your expiration date is probably the bill cycle only.

Calls from Somalia !

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:37 AM PST

hey guys just received a call from +2522239624 which apparently is from somalia !! now here's the weird part. the person calling is a girl who says " please call me . yeh mera personal number hai, pl pl call me, mujhe tumse baat karni hai" and abruptly hangs up. ;P
looks like this is the new iteration of the missed call tactic. a quick google check says +252 is from somalia. so beware and don't ever call them !

The Offtopic Thread

Posted: 23 Dec 2012 11:36 AM PST

Lurking and mocking a jew online :friendlywink: