India Broadband Forum Feed


Hathway Digital Cable Package Rates advertise is misleading

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 01:19 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by gopichandpai View Post
@hathway helpline
Any news about new HD channels?

Is there going to be a software update to enable USB recording?

Hi Gopichand, on a different forum(indiamatic) you posted stating that the cost of the Hathway HD box is 4500. This includes HD STB, free HD Channels for 1 year and monthly charges apply for the SD Channels. Could you please confirm your source for this info and provide a contact number to obtain the STB at this price.

thanks

ACT Broadband Bangalore Reviews

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 01:02 PM PST

I had an interesting experience with ACT today.

When i had applied for the connection, in October'12, the executive who visited my apartment in Cox Town, suggested that i keep the wifi router(cisco linksys e900) in the middle of the apartment in order to ensure even coverage thru out. Me being the sometimes-i-think-i-know-it-all, decided that i need to keep in a particular room only and not as per the executive's suggestion. It so happened that after the connection was done, a few days later i realized that the executive was correct and the whole apartment was not getting covered.

So i raised a request with ACT cc on Saturday, 24th November, to relocate the copper wire so that wifi router can be placed in a more central location in the apartment. They did take a few days to respond, but 3 days later on Tuesday i got a call from one of the engineers - Sandeep. I was busy on that day and the next day, so I asked him to come to my apartment on Thursday. I started moving the wifi router in different places in my apartment to check for best signal and during that i hear the bell ring and Sandeep's at the door. I hadn't decided yet where to place the router and he patiently waited(atleast 15 mins) until i finally did. After i decided, he removed the wire from the existing location and then he himself went to the watchman to get the keys for the terrace(even though i offered) and moved the wire to the location i wanted. While he was setting it up in a particular location which i had decided first, i kinda changed my mind and told him that i need to move it to another location and without any hesitation, he obliged and set up the whole thing neatly. Once done, he asked me to test the connection, and only after i was satisfied, he decided to leave.

The whole setup process must have taken an hour and during that time Sandeep was extremely patient and polite and when he was leaving i offered to pay him for the work he had done and he refused take even a single paise from me and kept saying that its a free service and that he won't accept any money. I insisted quite a few times, and he still refused to take any money.

I was really impressed with the professionalism in him. Infact, all the ACT staff i have met face to face have been very professional. The sales executive who came to my apartment to check feasibility and to collect the application form behaved well. Even the engineers who had come to setup the connection the first time behaved very well(they came on a Sunday and I was acting like a jerk because i kept changing the appointment time with them.)

My experience with ACT has been really great till now and i wish them the best and hope they render similar service to all their customers. Special kudos to Sandeep.

Cheers

Railway rules: E.g. Sleeping time and window/fan closing time? etc.

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:57 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by hno3 View Post
I also share food with fellow passengers

IMO, thats not a good practice to follow

New Amazing Reliance Broadband Thunder Plans

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:52 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashish.coolguy View Post
anyone in delhi tried it? do the speeds stay at 2mbps all the time or are there any speed drops (rs699 2mbps UL plan)?
PS - m too lazy to go through 77 pages to find if my ques has already been answered by a delhi user :)

Its constant and absolutely FUP free.

How to play recorded video of DVR in Windows?

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:16 PM PST

Omg.. Then whats the use of recording? :confused:
Sorry i should have made it clear in my first post.. Anyway I am talking about security camera recorder likewise placed in banks and home security system.

BSNL Broadband BBG Combo UL 2150 in Gurgaon (175GB at 4mbps)

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:13 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by abidh1992 View Post
Incorrect. I've been on 8+ mbps plans and have been allocated the 59.x.x.x range from 117.x.x.x. Plus, from my experience, this only happens if your plan price is 2k or above. In this case, it's well over 2k.

@Chromaniac,

Unfortunately, the 59.x.x.x range is heavily mismanaged so expect poor pings to poor speeds and everything impossible you can think of. I was on this specific plan which you subscribed and moved back to 1700 (4mbps up-to 100gb) within 2 days as I lost access 117.x.x.x range and speed was pathetic, even when my port sync rate was setup properly.

While I can't guarantee the above to be same for you (since, different states) - I recommend waiting until your port sync rates are setup properly. They should be more than 5mbps down and around 1mbps up. Here's the speed you should be getting :



P.S, no need to be jealous of the speed and ping above, they are crappy in the morning (around 2mbps/200+ pings)

I got a BSNL connection specifically for this plan in pondicherry.(I have disconnected my Airtel 2Mbps 175 GB plan).I'am moving from ULD 900 which I got as a trial connection to ULD 2150.I would be using it for downloads only(mostly HD content).the latency doesnt bother me.Would you recommend it for this usecase?.
PS.8Mbps?Which plan are you using?Is it unlimited?.

New Channels getting Added on Videocon D2H DTH

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:08 PM PST

Life OK HD to replace Active Music HD in couple of days ;)

Music and Movies HD getting removed on 18th Oct

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:06 PM PST

Once again this channel is getting removed from d2h platform. Removal might have happened by now as per schedule given by cc.

Talaash

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 12:01 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toocool View Post
I have/had to watch the movie......... Now I don't know whether I should :confused:

Ignore this thread now. Let's hit the theater to watch remaining story. And I am sure Kareena is not a ghost in the movie.

BSNL Users are excited about the Speed Upgrade at the Same Price

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 11:47 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by doomsday_2012 View Post
damn, i am Jealous of you guys, no MTNL, BSNL or Reliance in my Area, only Tata and Still stuck with 256Kbps Ul for Rs.999+ Taxes for nearly 4years now.:(:(

qft