India Broadband Forum Feed


Samsung Galaxy Nexus in India

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 01:12 PM PDT

I do not like docks that connects into the microusb port because well i think it is painful to push the phone into the charging port. the dock i purchased connects to pogo pins.

We can reset the FUP!?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 12:55 PM PDT

My local beam technician came and told me that they can give me a connection. They moved some connection to another box and freed a slot for me. Thanks a lot for your help Bobbyguitarist!!! After I made the payment and provided the required documents and filled the form, he asked to see the room where it will be connected. I showed him the room and he said that it is too far inside and he expected the room to be close to the main door. He said that Beam is allowed to use only upto 70meters cable per person. But I said that I want it in my room and not in the drawing room. He made some calls and said that he doesn't think it is possible. I told him that I will pay for the extra cable used but he said that it is not possible for them to go beyond 70m. He said that the distance from the box to my drawing room is 70meters and to the room where I want internet is an additional 40meters, so totally around 110meters. He said that I should use a wired router and then take the two cables into my room (I have 2 PCs). But that will be very problematic as with the cables going across from one room to another, also I have an inverter battery in my room so if the router is in my room I will be able to connect to the net when there are power cuts and won't be able to do so if the router is outside my room. And when I asked him about the speed he said that we won't get full speeds, for example for 20mbps connections we will get only about 18mbps from the cable in the drawing room and if we use a wired router the speed will reduce to about 16mbps.

Can someone please help me? What should I do? Any solutions/suggestions? TIA.

WiFi Network setup for BSNL Black HUAWEI Quidway WA1003A

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 11:49 AM PDT

90 bucks for 300mb is any day better if you're going to use 3G.

Second, your modem does support wifi. Are you using wifi currently on some other device and just need help with setting it up or do you want to set up a wifi network at your place ?

Post FUP should be 512kbps, as mentioned on Airtel website.

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 11:49 AM PDT

It says here that we should get half the speed after FUP:
Code:

http://www.airtel.in/wps/wcm/connect/airtel.in/airtel.in/home/forme_newuser/broadband+and+fixed+Line/FAQ+for+FUP/


Why isn't Airtel following its own policy?

Videocon D2H HD DVR DTH: HD DVR not available?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 11:07 AM PDT

Understood . My Reliance DVR dish, and the D2H dish are a floor below mounted at the same level .

The tech says, that the 90 cm dish is too large to be installed on the side of a building, and would need to be installed on the terrace .. ( 8 stories higher! )

Thats a lot of wiring!


On the side, what did you folks pay for the STB and for the setup ? I was told the setup cost for the DVR is 1500/- !

Google Chrome Updates

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 11:03 AM PDT

Google puts Chrome on iPhone and iPad -- Engadget

I'll test it out once it's on the App Store.

MTNL not working well in Mumbai???

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 10:56 AM PDT

I called 1504 and told them about this

They replied they're having some server issues which should be fixed by tomorrow morning, and it's mumbai wide..

And only URL affiliated to Google seem to open... youtube,gmail,google etc.

Sachin completes XYZ thread

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 10:44 AM PDT

Tata Sky HD DTH: Tata Sky testing new HD channel

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 10:41 AM PDT

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajuravi007 View Post
Surely it wont be Showcase HD...this discussion is on for than a week...but no HD channel is added in TS...

What I meant was that I am sure that I have read showcase related rumors somewhere, not that I see it happening. There are far more popular channels out there, waiting for the transformation.

I think that tata sky is done with the family pack. Whilst there is only one movie channel so they could add Movies Now HD. I don't see Zee Cinema HD happening as HD subscriber base won't like paying premium charge for that channel as much as they would be willing to pay for MN HD.