India Broadband Forum Feed


Horrible Experience with Vodafone

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 12:39 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnlyFun View Post
I beg to differ. Yes, I have had problems with Vodafone too. However, their network is excellent in Mumbai and unbeatable.

I have had my problems sorted out by simply getting in touch with CC and if necessary, just one level up in worse case scenarios. I have Airtel & Idea connections too. But cannot get rid of those numbers. Waiting for MNP to switch onto Vodafone.

Nice to see VodafoneIndia join this forum - dont care if its a bot or an actual human - as long as they put efforts into resolving problems of Vodafone India customers.

I was talking about Delhi.....and yes it suxs big time....its just that its less suky in some paces than other.......I was using airtel before not a single sign of Disturbance......I am gonna switch back to airtel as soon as MNP arrives as their network is much better here.....


BAD Experience with Reliance Wireline Broadband

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 12:32 PM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyde View Post
Its the best..:urock: I am happy switching to Reliance Broadband :):happy:

so no more problems of disconnections or slow speed ??


Tata Sky Plus HD

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 12:27 PM PST

Whoa! No official announcement as yet from TS as far as I know.


Has the URL of Videocon D2H changed?

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 11:36 AM PST

i hope the doubts are now clear about that domain :)

---------- Post added at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

you should have told me though :P i was joining their affiliate program. :(


BSNL EVDO settings, Please use them to connect

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 11:35 AM PST

can someone tell me how do i connect to internet using a 3G in EVDO? what should be the setting?


Need Help---> How do I connect to Internet using EVDO

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 11:17 AM PST

Hi guys,

I have an evdo card and a bsnl 3g sim. I am not able to figure out how to connect as there are many fields in the settings tab. What will be the user name? is the phone number the number of sim card? what should be the dns? please someone give me a complete setup procedure...

Also,how do i connect to internet from my mobile?(sounds pretty dumb) but I really dont know and have no idea.. I have a BSNL 3g enabled sim and phone. What are access points and how do i define them...i have nokia e63...


Please help....


UMG 1831 Firmware update ???

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 11:01 AM PST

In MDMA -> Click device info and in MP-> tools ->diagnostics


~~~Get Ready for BSNL 14.2mbps 3g~~~

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 10:48 AM PST

I have a umg 1831 and if i recharge of 4200 and if they upgrade..... will i get 14.2 download >????? :O


Suggest Me... Huawei K4505 (or) Huawei UMG1831?

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 10:23 AM PST

Quote:

Originally Posted by ramli7 View Post

thanks ramli7 for sharing the software


BSNL 3G data card TERACOM not detected by pc

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 09:49 AM PST

Kunal, thats a funny reply.

Yes their customer service is bad, and thats the reason I didn't bought modem from them, Using their SIM is only option as my region doesn't have
any private player for 3G.

Secondly I find mobile shops/dealers are more prompt on replacing a faulty unit.


Virus in firmware update e 1750

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 09:35 AM PST

If your computer is infected, it may be possible that while flashing your modem the virus is also getting copies to flash memory.

normally most viruses would attempt to make a copy of it to any newly connected drive/s, this is one of the way it is spread from one comp. to another.

You should first ensure your system is virus free, before re-attempting re-flashing.

Also disable all un-recognized items from start up list under "msconfig" and restart computer, then run a fully updated virus scanner.
Grab a copy of norton trial, it will remove the viruses and keep you secure for 30 day trial period atleast.


For Dc++ hub address in kurla

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 09:21 AM PST

Hello frnds,
I m living in kurla.I have Fivenet connection.I cant connect to 174.142.142.254 this address.I know there is changed in this address. so can u give me new address.
Thanks in adv.
Regards
Suresh


Which Wireless Router is supported for Hathway broadband connection?

Posted: 08 Jan 2011 09:15 AM PST

Yes. If that cable has got internet service then you can simply connect that cable wifi router.
See input for a wifi router is a lan cable. Lan cable must provide internet service.